Skip to main content

My employer isn't responsive and time is running by. I am trying to see if I have other options to pursue for a green card.

Los Angeles, CA |

I am a student on OPT ( 1 Visa ) expiring in Mayn't . I asked my employer ( International corporation , LL ) if they will petition for me before 4 / 1 / 13 for an HOB but they asked me to wait . I have an MBA from my home country and another MA from a US University . I am a project manager , I am bilingual and I am one of the translator for the company website and I manage the " market " of my home country for the company . I could become a certified translator / interpreter . I can't take any chances while waiting and be in my grace period before I know it just because my employer didn't care to let me know their decision ahead of time . If I retain a good lawyer , do I have other options ? Green card application as a " special abilities " ? Or International manager ? Teacher of my native language ? No marriage for me

Sorry, meant F1 Visa and my EAD card is expiring in May 2013.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. 1) There are no HOB visas in the US.
    2) If you are referring to an H-1B visa, the earliest it can be filed is April 1, 2013.
    3) An H-1B visa does not get you a green card.

    Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Very difficult to answer.on a forum. You should really consult an immigration lawyer for the best answer.

  3. You must consult with an immigration attorney. Your questions is too complex to answer it in this forum.