My employer is withholding my last paycheck because he says I owe him money for damage done to a company car. is this legal

Pittsburgh, PA |

i signed a paper at the time of my employment stating that i agree to pay for damage done to the company vehicle. if i was doing work duties when the damage occured and it is the company's car and the company's insurance policy, am i responsible for paying for the damage?

1. Yes. The Pennsylvania Wage Payment & Collection law provides that if you are given adequate notice that certain items may be reimbursable from your earnings, and those circumstances arise, those amounts may be deducted from your pay.

You have described signing off on a notice that you would be responsible for damage to a company motor vehicle, and the damage has occurred. You should expect to have those amounts deducted.