Skip to main content

My employer is withholding garnishments from my paycheck, but not paying the trustee.

Valparaiso, IN |

I recently brought this to her attention and have since been 'let go'. I am seeking advice because I cannot afford an attorney as I am now unemployed and have 3 children still at home. How do I go about getting that money back? I was denied unemployment because according to the unemployment office I had no income for the last quarter.

I live in Indiana

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is an appeal process for unemployment denials. How to begin that process will be explained in your written denial. You will get a hearing where you can explain this problem. You should show proof that your employer paid you, and that the lack of reported income was not your fault. The court order of garnishment should help, as well as your paycheck stubs if you have them, bank deposits of your paychecks, etct.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer