Skip to main content

My Employer is appealing unemployment benefits again after hearing, what can I do?

Hiram, GA |

I have been awarded Unemployment benefits, my employer appealed the decision. After the appeal hearing, the case went in my favor. Now my employer is appealing again. The letter I received stated that I could write a letter to go along with my testimony if I chose to. There are things that I think should be said, and I am not sure if I should send the letter. I was fired for not performing my job as expected, and I know that one of the managers was behind as well and was not fired. I was behind due to doctor excused illnesses, the manager was behind because she was hiding her work and not actually doing it. I don't want to sound like I am whining, but I feel like I was wrongly terminated and I want to keep getting my Unemployment benefits right now. What kind of letter should I send?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I'm sorry but it's impossible to intelligently answer your question, even in a general way, as to "what kind of letter you should send." I suspect you mean what the content of that letter should be. Without knowing everything that happened in connection with the prior hearing, the basis of the employer's objection and continued appeal, and the "things you think should be said," your question can't be meaningfully answered. You should seek an in-person conference with a local attorney who handles labor & employment matters.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-668-3790 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at don@HawbakerLaw.) An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated my Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


Contact an attorney who is experienced in unemployment compensation and seek advice on whether or not you need counsel to represent you in this matter.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer