My Employer is appealing unemployment benefits again after hearing, what can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hiram, GA

I have been awarded Unemployment benefits, my employer appealed the decision. After the appeal hearing, the case went in my favor. Now my employer is appealing again. The letter I received stated that I could write a letter to go along with my testimony if I chose to. There are things that I think should be said, and I am not sure if I should send the letter. I was fired for not performing my job as expected, and I know that one of the managers was behind as well and was not fired. I was behind due to doctor excused illnesses, the manager was behind because she was hiding her work and not actually doing it. I don't want to sound like I am whining, but I feel like I was wrongly terminated and I want to keep getting my Unemployment benefits right now. What kind of letter should I send?

1. Donald F. Hawbaker

Pro

Answered . I'm sorry but it's impossible to intelligently answer your question, even in a general way, as to "what kind of letter you should send." I suspect you mean what the content of that letter should be. Without knowing everything that happened in connection with the prior hearing, the basis of the employer's objection and continued appeal, and the "things you think should be said," your question can't be meaningfully answered. You should seek an in-person conference with a local attorney who handles labor & employment matters.

2. Ainsworth G. Dudley Jr.

Answered . Contact an attorney who is experienced in unemployment compensation and seek advice on whether or not you need counsel to represent you in this matter.