My employer insist that every employee get a flu shot or wear a mask while at work, or resign. Is this legal?

Asked about 5 years ago - Silver Creek, GA

I work for a healthcare facility, however I am stationed in the business office. We are miles from the healthcare facility. We don't have any contact with the facility employees.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Yes. The flu vaccine requirement is a reasonable one related to the job you do and the people with whom you come into contact. Unless you have an employment contract that says you do not have to take a flu shot or unless you have a union that has collectively bargained that you do not have to take a flu shot you have little recourse.

Check with a GA lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details. There may be a way for you to assert a valid exception in your circumstance of being in a business office away from people?

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.