My employer has missed pay day multiple times.

Asked over 1 year ago - Brunswick, OH

My employer has missed pay day multiple times and continues to pay myself and a coworker on pay day. what can i do to force him to begin paying us on payday? or get my money sooner? or do i have a case against him to sue him for the money he owes me or sue him for not paying me on time? Im just wondering what i can do at this point

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Eric A. Montgomery


    Contributor Level 9
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . In many states, they have a state department of labor or something equivalent. I would check to see if Ohio has one since in many cases this department handles those types of claims. They might be helpful in addressing the issue.

    Please note that the information provided should not be relied upon as legal advice as there are many other... more
  2. Scott R. Daniel

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . Check the Ohio regs; in Nevada, where I practice, employers are required to make payment within a reasonable time. I assume Ohio is similar. Retain an attorney to make demand on your employer and/or file a claim.

    DISCLAIMER: I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Nevada and Maryland. If your issue involves the... more

Related Topics


Employment law governs employee pay, non-discrimination policies, employment classifications, and hiring and firing at the federal, state, and local levels.

Employee wages

Employee wages are set by the employer but must meet the federal or state minimum wage. Employers must withhold, report, and pay employment taxes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,335 answers this week

3,579 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,335 answers this week

3,579 attorneys answering