My employer had filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. will there be any problem for h1b sponsorship

Asked over 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

i am in US on f1 visa. i graduated in last summer. my status expires in coming july, so i need h1b sponsorship. A small software company has offered me a job & they are willing to sponsor if they find me suitable. but i found out in internet that they have filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. will there be any problem for my h1b sponsorship? will USCIS approve my h1b visa if the company did not enter chapter 7 bankruptcy or remains in chapter 11 bankruptcy.

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

Answered . It might be a problem because they might have issues with ability to pay or the company to pay the prevailing wage. My advice is to find another company. On the other hand, you can still file with them and another company simultaneously. Note that H1B is closed right now, you need to file next year April 2010

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Note: The above is provided for informational purpose only, one should not act or refrain to act just on the information provided. No attorney-client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed.