Skip to main content

My employer forced me to go on leave without pay because they can't find me an assignment. I'm a travelling health professional.

North Port, FL |

its been 3 mos now and i don't have assignment yet. they don't allow me to work full time w/ other employers because they said i still have a year left w/ my contract w/ them. Is the contract still valid if they are not paying me and they stopped all my benefits? do i have to resign or they already breached the contract?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should have a local employment attorney review your contract. No one will be able to advise you about your rights and obligations without reading it. You can search for an attorney on Avvo or contact the National Employment Lawyers Association for a referral.

Good luck.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.


From the scant information you provided, I would say that you likely have a claim for breach of contract, if not for much more. The fact that you have an employment contract is a very good thing but in order to provide proper advice, any attorney will need the proper perspective, which is the complete contract in front of them. There is a good chance that the employer is presently in breach of the contract and I would be happy to discuss this with you confidentially and free of charge- please feel free to contact my office at (239) 985-9691). Also, I am a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and only represent employees such as yourself.

This is general information only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does this communication in any way establish an attorney-client relationship. Feel free to contact me directly for further information at 239-985-9691.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer