My eeoc case was settle at the medation, on may1 2012 how long does it take to get the check

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

i filled my eeoc case in the state of ny, my exemployer and i settle, on may,1,2012 how long will it ake to get my settlement?

1. Ronald Joseph Kim

Answered . Good question. That should have been directly addressed in your settlement agreement. If your lawyer did not specify a date then he/she goofed. If you did not retain a lawyer than you goofed.

Good luck

2. Maurice N Ross

Pro

Answered . This should have been spelled out in your settlement agreement. Failure to specify the deadline for payment in the settlement agreement is a significant mistake. You need to insist that your lawyer clear this up. If you did not have lawyer, you need to get one now to deal with this problem.

3. Vincent Peter White

Answered . In my experience, most mediators utilized by the EEOC will demand a specified date for payment in the agreement. I suggest reviewing your papers for it, or even contacting the EEOC.

That said, I tend to see time periods of 60 days meaning that your employer may not be late with complying with the terms of the settlement agreement.