My EAD and L2 visa is expiring on May 12, 2013 and so is my I-94. Can i apply for EAD renewal?

Cincinnati, OH |

My husband is applying for his I-94 extension in Feb 2013. The process might take 7-8 weeks. should i apply for ead renewal after his petition is approved?

Can i apply for EAD renewal right now? or should i wait for his I-94 to get extended.

You can only renew the EAD if you extend your status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Only if status is extended can you extend your employment authorization. Therefore, you must wait until approval of the extension.

do need your status extended for your EAD renewal