My drivers license keeps getting suspended for non child support

Asked 9 months ago - Yucaipa, CA

I haven't had to pay child support in 20 years yet my license keeps showing up as suspended when I get pulled over. I have had several cars taken away because they say I have a suspended license in which the state (Calif) actually sent me a check for over payment and 10 years later a release of lien whatever that means. I am so tired of having to explain over and over that my license shouldn't be suspended, yet when a police officer runs my license, once again they say it is suspended and they keep my license. One police officer took my I.D cause I had no drivers license, then wanted to know my social security number, my employer, home address that he wanted to write down on a separate piece of paper and kept my I.D. What should I do? I am at a loss and can't afford to buy anymore cars.

1. Cambria L Lisonbee

5

Answered . Call the dmv in Sacramento and ask them what the issue is.

2. Yaniv Kenan

4

Answered . Good question for your attorney

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . Call Mandatory Actions Unit for DMV in Sacramento.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  4. Kathryn Mary Holton

3

Answered . This really doesn't make sense, you would be better off to sit down with an Attorney face to face with DMV documentation.