My driver's license was suspended and I was not notified. I continued to pay on my auto policy but am I covered?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Rafael, CA

I recently found out that my drivers license was suspended and I did not know--never received notice from the DMV. Apparently its been several years and I've just found out about it. My question is this: for the entire time in question I have been paying my auto insurance policy and it has never lapsed. If I am driving with a suspended license (which I am trying to sort out pronto), and paying my insurance, do I still have coverage or is the policy functionally void as a result of this scenario? Does it depend on the specific insurance company or is there some sort of state standard that addresses this issue? For obvious reasons I need to remain insured while I sort this issue out and I am concerned about my liability.

Pro

5

Answered . Report this to your insurance company to resolve.

2. Albert Lee Crosner

1

Answered . Find out why your license is suspended if you do not know, and get it fixed right away. Also, you should contact your insurance company and let them know about your license.

3. George Costas Andriotis

1

Answered . As Mr. Lassen advised, report it to your insurance carrier.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.