My driver's license is revoked in another state, what do I do to get that cleared up?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My license was suspended in Texas, I paid the ticket and reinstatement fee, but now there is a revocation from Oklahoma from a 1994 ticket that was paid in 2004...which I had to pay because it was suspended then for that ticket....why is it showing up again when they have records of the ticket being paid and I was able to get my license in 2004 when I paid the fines and it was released?

1. Katherine Ellen Shipman

Pro

Answered . If Oklahoma has suspended your license, then you should contact an attorney who regularly deals with driver's license issues in Oklahoma. If Texas has suspended your license due to what Oklahoma says is an unpaid ticket, then you may be able to clear up the issue by providing Texas Department of Public Safety proof that you dealt with the Oklahoma ticket. Due to the interstate compact, which governs states honoring each others D.L. suspensions, these issues arise frequently. The driver responsibility section of TxDPS has clerks who do nothing but deal with these issues. You should consider contacting a local "ticket attorney" to advise you about the most expedient way to deal with this. Their fees are more reasonable than you would expect. Also, if the issue is going to take more time than your are willing to give, you can hire an attorney to help you get what is called an Occupational Driver's License.

2. Raymond Ellis Daniel

Answered . You need to contact an Oklahoma attorney on this matter. It could be a clerical error, but you will need to look in to it. You might try calling the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety to see if they can explain it.