MY DOMESTIC PARTNER IS IN PRISON AND I NEED TO FILE A JOINT TAX RETURN IN CA TO BE ABLE TO SIGN FOR HIM.

ARE THERE NOTARIES IN PRISON OR CAN HE SIGN IT IN PRESENSE OF 2 GUARDS WHO SIGN.?

1. There are notaries in the Department of Corrections who will assist him. You might want to see an attorney to prepare a Limited Power of Attorney for your use in the future. Good luck.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. There are a lot of Notaries who can handle this. The Notary will prepare a Power of Attorney for your domestic partner.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

3. There are notaries in California who are pre-screened by the Department of Corrections and Rehab. You want to google "mobile notary" and "California" and "location of prison". You may have to call around a little but you'll find someone. It should cost you around $100 provided the mobile notary doesn't have to drive a great distance.