MY DOMESTIC PARTNER IS IN PRISON AND I NEED TO FILE A JOINT TAX RETURN IN CA TO BE ABLE TO SIGN FOR HIM.

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

ARE THERE NOTARIES IN PRISON OR CAN HE SIGN IT IN PRESENSE OF 2 GUARDS WHO SIGN.?

1. Seth Andrew Weinstein

3

Answered . There are a lot of Notaries who can handle this. The Notary will prepare a Power of Attorney for your domestic partner.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

2. Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

2

Answered . There are notaries in California who are pre-screened by the Department of Corrections and Rehab. You want to google "mobile notary" and "California" and "location of prison". You may have to call around a little but you'll find someone. It should cost you around $100 provided the mobile notary doesn't have to drive a great distance.

3. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . There are notaries in the Department of Corrections who will assist him. You might want to see an attorney to prepare a Limited Power of Attorney for your use in the future. Good luck.