My domestic partner died recently with no will and the daughter came to our apt. we shared broke in and took many things.

Asked over 1 year ago - 85031

she was given power of attorney at the hospital and before he died which was over a month later herself and her mother broke into our apt. and took many things that we shared together as well as destroying my things and taking my sons property as well. Police would not let me charge her with breaking and entering they only took an incident report .this is a devastating loss for me how can i bring this to justice and least be compensated for my loss?

1. Celia R Reed

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . I am sorry for your loss. I would hire counsel and demand return of personal items as well as damages for items that were destroyed. Depending on the response and the amount of loss you could file a civil complaint. Finally, if you have insurance, you submit a claim.

2. Donna G Heller

2

Answered . This sounds like something to be taken-up with the supervisors at the police department, as well as reporting to your insurance company. Sorry for your loss and this aggravation.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . Demand letter; insurance claim;law suit are the most common options.