My dog killed another dog. What now?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

My dog was in our fenced yard. These other dogs belong to the neighbor who lets their dogs run wild. I've asked them to contain their dogs several times because they come to our fence and nip at people, pick fights with the other dogs, get in the trash, etc. I've also called animal control. Today just like I've feared my dog got out of the yard and killed the other dog. Well I assume she did because I can't find a body anywhere.

1. Elizabeth Lorraine Elliott

2

1

Answered . I do these types of cases and I am not too far from you. I would be happy to speak with you. Please give me a call if you would like assistance. I suggest, in the meantime, that you do not give a statement to animal control, but inform them that you need to consult an attorney.

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.
  2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

2

Answered . What do you mean, what now? For now, I would not make any assumptions and I would not speak with anyone about your assumption. If you are charged with a crime, seek a criminal defense attorney. If you are sued, advise your homeowners insurance.

3. Stephen Patrick Rapp

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with a lawyer in your area.

4. Jason Todd Studinski

1

Answered . Report this as a potential claim to your homeowner's insurer.

Pro

1

Answered . Report it to your homeowners insurance carrier to resolve.

6. Erin Cecil-Levine

Answered . With all due respect to the other comments, follow Ms Elliott's advice. She is local and knows the local laws and animal regulations.