My dog bit another dog and may have possibly killed it, can my dog be taken away or will it have to be put down?

Brandon, FL |

My dog bit another family member's dog, causing sever injuries. The injured dog is still at the hospital being evaluated. My family member called animal control. Will they take my dog away and/or put it down? There have been no other reported bites from my dog.

1. As you fail to state any specifics, such as where the attack occurred and how the dogs encountered each other, little assistance can be provided. Should you be charged or your dog face destruction, your state and county bar associations can provide you with referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. As my colleague points out, without more details there really is no way to say for sure. They might put your dog in quarantine either with animal control or at home unless you can prove the dog is up to date on shots.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.