My dog attacked another dog we offered to pay vet bill but haven't heard anything how much time do they have to take it to vet?

Pryor, OK |

Our dog got out of the fence she wasn't out very long, she went to the neighbors yard and when their dog snapped at her she pinned the dog down, she was a smaller breed then ours, our dog cause a laceration behind the ear and a puncture by the rib cage. We told our neighbors that we were willing to pay for them to have their dog checked out. I asked them to contact me when they got down with the vet (note: they said they were taking it the next morning) to give me a call and let me know what the vet said. I haven't heard anything from them. I would like to know how long they have to have us pay for the bill. If the injury was serious I feel that they should have taken the dog the next morning avoiding any further complications if there was something wrong with their dog?

1. Call them and see what they are going to do.

2. As Attorney Schoen stated, why not give them a phone call and ask them how their dog was and if they had yet taken it to vet.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Animal law topics