My doctor prescribed me medication that has started to break down my body. Can I sue him?

Asked 11 months ago - San Jose, CA

I asked him what the side effects of the drug was and he said did not mention the symptoms that I eventually got which were related to black box warnings. I have read the dangers of the drug and the numerous complaints and cases patients have had with the drug from psychological to physical. I have pain in my joints and muscles and many others report much more serious cumulative damages that follow in the short and long term.

1. Josh P Tolin

6

Answered . Yes, but I would have an experienced attorney who handles both malpractice and medical drug products in your area review. Drug cases are very costly and an experienced attorney will be able to best advise you on what course of action to take. Even though there are warnings, there is usually a severe under-reporting of adverse reactions. Only about one out 10 adverse reactions are usually reported by physicians. A severe and permanent injury is usually needed to justify either a malpractice or products case.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

4

Answered . I concur with my colleague Attorney Tobin. Unless you have a permanent damage to joints and muscles, which is attested to by a physician, you may not want to be engaged in this litigation. Use the time to heal and take care of yourself. Best of luck.

Pro

3

Answered . A doctor is required to tell you of the risks