My doctor prescribed me medication that has started to break down my body. Can I sue him?

Asked 12 months ago - San Jose, CA

I asked him what the side effects of the drug was and he said did not mention the symptoms that I eventually got which were related to black box warnings. I have read the dangers of the drug and the numerous complaints and cases patients have had with the drug from psychological to physical. I have pain in my joints and muscles and many others report much more serious cumulative damages that follow in the short and long term.

1. Robert Max Klein

Pro

6

Answered . You should consult with a lawyer in your area who handles medical malpractice cases to determine whether or not you have a case.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . Do you have permanent damage? Get a second opinion. Best of luck.

3. John Noah Kitta

3

Answered . A medical doctor would have to review your records to make a determination whether or not there was an issue of malpractice in regard to the prescription that was prescribed to you. Yu may also want to look into the issue of did the pharmacy give you the right medicine and dosage as prescribed by the doctor..
    _____________________

Pro

4

Answered . The doctor should have discussed the side effects with you.

5. Sean David Cowdrey

2

Answered . You would have to retain an attorney to review your medical records to determine whether you have a viable case. If the symptoms you are suffering are related to the black box warnings on the medication, then you must have seen those warnings when you received the medication. If you knew the risks of the medication, and made an informed decision to take the medication, your case is weak.