My divorced was in 1995 my ex retired in 2010 divorce degree says 39 % i need to get it clarified and get a copy of fix amount

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hampton, VA

what do i do with a fixed income

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Your post is missing lots of information and its not exactly clear what you need. Can you repost with mor details.

2. Corry Nicole Smith

1

Answered . Your starting point is your Final Decree. Your second step is reviewing any Property Settlement Agreement you may have entered. Your third step is contacting the plan administrator. Your fourth step is taking all of the relevant paperwork to a local attorney.

My answer is general in nature, please do not rely on it as your sole resource for this very important issue.
  3. J. Richard Kulerski

Answered . You need a lawyer to do what needs to be done, and you would be wise to hire one quickly. Don't even think of doing it yourself. You may have even been entitled to start collecting your share when your ex turned 55, depending on his plan.