Skip to main content

My divorce plantiff commenced this action for an uncontested divorce by filing summons and complaints however as the papers

Jamaica, NY |

Do not include an acknowledgment of receipt of the automátic order plaintiffs has fáciles to demostrare compliance with this section as a oreare quisiste to such signing. application for divorce denied and action hereby is dismissed for defect i need start Again

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I cannot really tell what you are asking. I think you are wondering if you need to start your case all over. You need to check with the court clerk. It may be possible to simply correct your papers. I am not sure why they dismissed your action. Even if your summons was defective, they could have let you amend and re-serve.

This anawer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and may be considered attorney advertising. This answer should not supplant advice received from any attorney the questioner may have or obtain, as that attorney will be able to provide more thorough and informed advice.


It is impossible to determine what your are asking. If you the defect can still be cured by amended complaint, then do so. If the action was already dismissed, then do over. I assume you did not have an attorney, and this exemplary of what may happen.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.


It sounds like you filed proof that the defendant was served the summons and complaint but not the notice of automatic orders. If your process server did serve the automatic orders or the defendant did receive them, you may be able to correct your filing by submitting a new affidavit from the process server or defendant acknowledging that they received the notice of automatic orders. Otherwise, you need to start again and make sure that you serve the Summons with Notice properly. This is my reading of your question (which is a confusing sort of question). You might be better off checking with a local attorney who can correct your filing or redo the whole thing for you to insure that it doesn't get rejected again.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer