My divorce papers state my ex and I must live in same city and kids are to attend those schools, what are my rights if he moves

Asked over 1 year ago - Delaware, OH

we have shared parenting of our oldest child but I have custody of our youngest but he does take him half the time also

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Anne Harvey

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . If he moves, most courts require him to obtain a modified parenting time order before moving the children. Your rights remain the same; the schedule you see your children may change radically. if the two of you can't agree, then it becomes a best interests analysis.

    This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer because I answer a question intended for general information only.... more
  2. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your rights remain the same if yur ex moves, although custody and visitation arrangements might need to be modified.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,784 answers this week

2,767 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,784 answers this week

2,767 attorneys answering