MY DIVORCE CASE IS GOING ON FROM LAST 3 YEARS & WE ARE LIVE SEPARATE & I HAVE 2 CHILD , CUSTODY IN MY HAND . WHEN I GET A DIVOR

Indio, CA |

MY NAME ANJU..I HAV 2 CHILDREN & MY HUSBAND IS ALSO LIVE IN INDIA ONLY. I PUT A DIVORCE CASE & ITS TAKE LOTS OF TIME??? I WANT A PERMANENT CUSTODY OF MY CHILD & I WANT DIVORCE.

1. Contact a local family law attorney and get the case finished up.

Michael is in San Jose, California and can be reached at 408-295-4232 or at schwerin@ix.netcom.com. Consultation fees, rates and retainers vary based on need and ability to pay.

2. Go to the court and ask about filing an "At Issue Memorandum". This will move your case along toward completion. Good luck!

3. It's a little hard to understand your situation with the limited facts you have described. If all you have done is to file a Petition for dissolution of your marriage (a divorce) nothing else will happen until you make it happen; the courts will not push this along for you. If you have served your husband with the Petition and he has not filed a Response, you can enter his default and then set your case for a hearing (as long as you have served your husband with a declaration of disclosure).

Sounds like you could use some advice from a family law attorney.

Good luck!

The answer to your question is not intended to provide you with legal advice you should rely on, only a general indication of what the law might provide. You may have provided only a limited description of your situation and I may be unaware of important facts that could affect your case. My answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us.