MY DIVORCE CASE IS GOING ON FROM LAST 3 YEARS & WE ARE LIVE SEPARATE & I HAVE 2 CHILD , CUSTODY IN MY HAND . WHEN I GET A DIVOR

Asked about 2 years ago - Indio, CA

MY NAME ANJU..I HAV 2 CHILDREN & MY HUSBAND IS ALSO LIVE IN INDIA ONLY. I PUT A DIVORCE CASE & ITS TAKE LOTS OF TIME??? I WANT A PERMANENT CUSTODY OF MY CHILD & I WANT DIVORCE.

1. Michael Charles Schwerin

Answered . Contact a local family law attorney and get the case finished up.

2. Michael Roger Schneider

Answered . Go to the court and ask about filing an "At Issue Memorandum". This will move your case along toward completion. Good luck!

3. John Hamilton Kibbler

Answered . It's a little hard to understand your situation with the limited facts you have described. If all you have done is to file a Petition for dissolution of your marriage (a divorce) nothing else will happen until you make it happen; the courts will not push this along for you. If you have served your husband with the Petition and he has not filed a Response, you can enter his default and then set your case for a hearing (as long as you have served your husband with a declaration of disclosure).

Sounds like you could use some advice from a family law attorney.

Good luck!