My deportation was administratively closed and I got a work permit, now it is time for me to renew it

Dallas, TX |

How much is the fee? Do I pay for the fingerprints again?

The code is c(10) on the work permit

1. Read the instructions very carefully. The instructions do a very good job of explaining who has to pay the fees and who is exempt. Good luck.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

2. The filing fee is $380.00.

Download the instructions from www.USCIS.gov. Page 8 states that only the "following categories" are NOT required to pay the fee when renewing the EAD: (a)(8), (a)(10), (c)(1), (c)(4), (c)(7), (c)(0) or (c)(16) (applied after 7/30/07).

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. $380 for the work permit renewal.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

4. Most likely you will have to retake the biometrics again (fingerprints) hence the $80 fee in addition to the EAD renewal fees. As the other colleagues pointed out go to www.uscis.gov, click on forms on the top, then scroll down to I-765 and there you can check the fees and also the instructions. By the way administratively closed is nice BUT it means the government did you a favor and temporarily backed of, they administratively closed the case without prejudice but in the future they can re-start the process if they so choose, i.e. the Court retains jurisdiction on your case not USCIS. Good luck.