My deportation was administratively closed and I got a work permit, now it is time for me to renew it

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

How much is the fee? Do I pay for the fingerprints again?

The code is c(10) on the work permit

1. Isaul Verdin

3

Answered . $380 for the work permit renewal.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

2. Ala M. Hamayel

3

Answered . Read the instructions very carefully. The instructions do a very good job of explaining who has to pay the fees and who is exempt. Good luck.

3. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

3

Answered . The filing fee is $380.00.

Download the instructions from www.USCIS.gov. Page 8 states that only the "following categories" are NOT required to pay the fee when renewing the EAD: (a)(8), (a)(10), (c)(1), (c)(4), (c)(7), (c)(0) or (c)(16) (applied after 7/30/07).

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

Answered . Most likely you will have to retake the biometrics again (fingerprints) hence the $80 fee in addition to the EAD renewal fees. As the other colleagues pointed out go to www.uscis.gov, click on forms on the top, then scroll down to I-765 and there you can check the fees and also the instructions. By the way administratively closed is nice BUT it means the government did you a favor and temporarily backed of, they administratively closed the case without prejudice but in the future they can re-start the process if they so choose, i.e. the Court retains jurisdiction on your case not USCIS. Good luck.