Skip to main content

My daughter won't give my car back. She is 27 and does not have insurance. Am I liable if she has an accident?

Roebuck, SC |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

She has moved out of state to Alabama. I have full coverage on the car for myself and my spouse. Should I charge her with unautherized use? Can I drop the charge later?

Attorney Answers 1


Each state has different laws so I suggest that you consult with an attorney in South Carolina. However, if this situation occurred in Florida, you could be liable if she has an accident. As such, I suggest contacting an attorney right away.

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics