My daughter was unfairly terminated from a postion due to her gender, race and religion what can she do?

San Antonio, TX |

During her employment the company went thru 47 employees and even the manager who treated my daughter unfairly was caught several times verbally abusing the staff which was majority female. saying things like you ride the short bus, dumb white girls, i hate Christians...when asked you are married to a white lady he replied that's o because she is catholic. due to his outrageous behavior they even had a meeting with him to discuss his racist remarks about Jewish ppl. She was just recently terminated ...what can she do?

It sounds like she needs to contact one of us employment lawyers in Texas to discuss possible discrimination claims.

Your daughter should consult in person with an employment attorney to get a careful evaluation of her situation. Employment discrimination cases can be difficult to prove, and the process can be daunting. Consequently, it makes sense to get careful evaluation up front.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.

It all depends on why she was terminated, which is not stated in your question. By itself, the fact that the manager was crude and bigoted does not create a claim. Your daughter will need to show that there is a causal connection between the manager's bigotry and her termination. She needs to discuss the matter with an employment lawyer.

There are several factors that would have to be met for her to have a valid case (it would require showing more than just the man being rude/vulgar), and it would partly depend upon the type of complaint that she may have previously made to a manager/supervisor/HR, as well as the company's stated reason for firing her. I strongly suggest you/she call one of us (those who practice this type of law in TX) as soon as possible to discuss her possible claim.

--------- Original Message ---------Subject: A New Employment / Labor Question Has Been Posted on Avvo