My daughter was placed in my possession today.What do I do next to get full and permanent custody of her?

Asked about 3 years ago - Lubbock, TX

She has been removed from her mother three times by CPS. I want her to stay with me permanently but it seems CPS wants her with the mother that has tried to commit suicide, been in a mental institution, lost custody of her other three children (she did not show up for court) and continues to put her in a home with a person charged with injury to a child. What do I do?

1. Lisa Elizabeth Sharp

Answered . Ms. McCall is correct.
    CPS always strives for reunification of the parent and child. This of course means that the parent must be fit but there are basic needs such as shelter and food that they are looking to have met. I would hire an attorney that has your interests covered as CPS is not working for your interests but for the interests of the state.

2. Dana Joseph Stewart

Answered . I agree 100% with the responses above. GET AN ATTORNEY. Do not leave your child's well being and future to CPS. Take matters into your own hands. Best of luck.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . You get a good attorney -- no two ways about it.