My daughter was left alone at the school bus stop after they changed routes without notifying us. School negligence?

Kennewick, WA |

My daughter is 7 years old, and according to her, they let the kids off at the stop, closed the doors, and drove off before checking to see if her ride was there. She was left at a busy intersection and stood there, until someone she barely knows picked her up and notified us she had done so.

Terrible conduct by the bus staff. Make a rousing complaint -- all the way up the chain of responsibility for the school.

But not a lawsuit unless some specific harm ensued. I think you would have mentioned it if this awful conduct resulted in injury to her.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Ms. McCall is absolutely correct. You should address this with the principal, the superintendent, and even the school board. However, unless there were damages, this is definitely not something that you can sue for. It needs to be addressed administratively instead of through the courts.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody