My daughter was involved in a hit and run with a parked car. Do I need an attorney and what are the fees.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kissimmee, FL

no criminal record

1. David B Pittman

Pro

8

Answered . If she was injured in the accident, then yes. If not probably not. I would not let her talk you or give any statements to the insurance company until she determines conclusively she needs a lawyer or not.

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

9

Answered . At a minimum, consult with local and qualified counsel. While your post does not say, am I correct in presuming you mean criminal/traffic? Do report this to your insurer asap; but, only after speaking with counsel.

3. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

7

Answered . Did she hit a car and flee or was she in a parked car that was hit by someone who fled?
    In the first case: immediatly retain criminal counsel and then file the report. In the second case, she needs a lawyer only if she was injured or her own insurance provides coverage but does not pay.

4. Joshua Eli Adams

7

Answered . This could be a serious criminal charge. She should not speak to anyone and should consult with a criminal defense attorney.

5. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

7

Answered . Involved??? She hit a car and the left? Call counsel that handles this level of crminal case. Daughter should say nothing re the event to any cop.
    You will also need advice re how to handle the car. If you have it repaired, could be tampering with evidence.

Pro

6

Answered . She should contact a local criminal lawyer for representation.

7. Keith Patrick Ligori

2

Answered . If your daughter is injured then seek help from a doctor right away. Make sure to use your PIP insurance to pay for a portion of her medical bills. If there is only property damage then you will have to make a claim against your own collision coverage to pay for repairs. If she is injured then review your policy for UM coverage. If there is non then she can get treatment but there will be no claim to make. Also you may want to consult with an attorney that actually knows how to handle these cases, not just put a demand out to the insurance company and settle it. You will need a lawyer that also litigates their own cases. Good luck.