Skip to main content

My daughter was involved in a hit and run with a parked car. Do I need an attorney and what are the fees.

Kissimmee, FL |

no criminal record

Attorney Answers 7

  1. At a minimum, consult with local and qualified counsel. While your post does not say, am I correct in presuming you mean criminal/traffic? Do report this to your insurer asap; but, only after speaking with counsel.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  2. Involved??? She hit a car and the left? Call counsel that handles this level of crminal case. Daughter should say nothing re the event to any cop.
    You will also need advice re how to handle the car. If you have it repaired, could be tampering with evidence.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

  3. If she was injured in the accident, then yes. If not probably not. I would not let her talk you or give any statements to the insurance company until she determines conclusively she needs a lawyer or not.

  4. Did she hit a car and flee or was she in a parked car that was hit by someone who fled?
    In the first case: immediatly retain criminal counsel and then file the report. In the second case, she needs a lawyer only if she was injured or her own insurance provides coverage but does not pay.

    This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website

  5. This could be a serious criminal charge. She should not speak to anyone and should consult with a criminal defense attorney.

  6. She should contact a local criminal lawyer for representation.

  7. If your daughter is injured then seek help from a doctor right away. Make sure to use your PIP insurance to pay for a portion of her medical bills. If there is only property damage then you will have to make a claim against your own collision coverage to pay for repairs. If she is injured then review your policy for UM coverage. If there is non then she can get treatment but there will be no claim to make. Also you may want to consult with an attorney that actually knows how to handle these cases, not just put a demand out to the insurance company and settle it. You will need a lawyer that also litigates their own cases. Good luck.

    Legal Disclaimer: To learn more about attorney Keith Ligori, please call our firm 888-254-7119 or visit our homepage at Keith Ligori is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Often times the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Ligori strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. If you are interested with talking to Keith Ligori and asking him more detail questions about your crash or situation feel free to call him any time. We forward our office phones to Mr. Ligori's cell phone at nights and weekends so his clients or potential clients can contact him about your case. To learn more about Attorney Keith Ligori, please call our firm toll free at 888.254.7119 or visit

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics