MY DAUGHTER WAS INVOLVED IN A BAD REAR END ACCIDENT THAT PUSHED HER INTO THE CAR IN FRONT OF HER, AIR BAGS NEVER DEPLOYED

Cockeysville, MD |

SHE HAD SERIOUS HEAD TRAMA REQUIRING FACIAL RECONSTRUCTION, DENTAL REPLACEMENTS AND A BROKEN ARM IN TWO PLACES.

1. You and your daughter should consult with a local personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The attorney will know what to do for you next.

Please know that this answer is being provided to you in response to the limited information contained in your submission and should be considered for informational and/or educational purposes only. This response does not establish any attorney client privilege or relationship between you and me, as a responding attorney, and my post certainly does not attempt to counsel you on any of the pertinent legal facts and/or implications concerning your issue. To fully investigate and determine your legal rights, should you so choose, I recommend that you promptly consult with an attorney of your choosing as time may be of the essence.

2. Your daughter should speak with an attorney as soon as possible. She has a personal injury case and potentially a products liability case as well. Products liability is very specialized and you will want to do your research before deciding on the appropriate attorney.

3. Contact a qualified plaintiff personal injury attorney immediately.

4. From what it sounds like, your daughter has suffered serious and most likely permanent injuries. There are many things that need to be done to ensure that your daughter's rights are protected from the get go (before the insurance company tries to box you in with some of their tactics). BEFORE she gives a recorded statement, seek advice from an experienced Maryland PI attorney.

If you have any questions about what's next, I'd be more than happy to help with a free consultation. It is important to allow for your daughter to focus on her recovery and allow for an attorney to take care of everything else.

5. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Not sure if you have a question, but if you do, please call my parter, Michael Paul Smith at 410-821-0070. Among the best PI lawyers in the State.

Please be advised that this response does not constitute "legal advice," nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel of an attorney before taking any actions or deciding not to take any actions.

6. Focus on insuring your daughter is receiving all necessary medical care. Hire an experienced Maryland personal injury lawyer to deal with a claim against the at-fault driver. You should not talk to the other driver's insurance representative at all--let your attorney do that--except, perhaps, for the limited purpose of making the auto repair/replacement claim for the property damage, as well as getting rental reimbursement. However, you should speak with and cooperate with your own insurance carrier (assuming your daughter is on your policy), or if your daughter is separately insured, then she will have to speak with her company. In no event should your daughter give any statements about her accident or injuries to anyone other than her own insurance company. But it is always best to have your lawyer handle these matters after the initial report of the accident is made to your insurer. A lawyer will be able to do the most to protect your daughter's rights the sooner he/she is retained to represent her, as many steps will need to be taken to preserve witness memories and other evidence. Find out immediately where your daughter's car is located and take photographs before it is sold as scrap 9if totaled0 or repaired. Take lots of pictures of the damage, or have your lawyer do it, but it is better you do not wait and do it now. Then contacting a good lawyer. There are many who handle this type of claim.