My daughter was injured by a gym teacher in school.

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Child abuse

My daughter was hit full force by her teacher in the hand playing dodge ball,Her hand immediately hurt.The teacher looked said she was fine,sent her to her next class.There was instant swelling.This happened at 1:30pm.She was in the hall crying another teacher said what's wrong was taken to the office,they gave her an ice pack told her go to class.They didn't let her get pain meds,which are in their office for her & her sisters,they didn't let her call home.Her dad picked her up at 3:15 from school took her to the Children's hosp.ER little finger broke so bad they had to wait for a hand specialist to come in from his home.She has to see another hand specialist in 14 0r 18 days.What can we do that they let her suffer all day. She is in a cast and sling.She was in severe pain all day .

A teacher had looked at her hand in class and said it didn't look good at all. The child has had other broken bones so she knows what it feels like and knows the symptoms of broken bones.No one would give her the chance to call home or even get Pain medication that is sitting in their office.

You may confer with an attorney at this time as to the pain and suffering and other issues regarding your daughter. Full details need to be known as you raised multiple potential legal issues. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - ST CLOUD. This law firm may accept avvo posters as clients but this post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation. Please do seek private attorney counsel as to your personal legal issues and needs.

You should hire an attorney experienced in civil litigation and personal injury claims.

I appreciate your endorsements! If you "agree," or found this response "helpful," please mark it as so. You can contact The Law Offices of Sara M.G. Rojas, PLLC or find out more information about us and the services we offer . Disclaimer: Nothing in this response constitutes legal advice or creates an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult with a local attorney regarding your specific legal circumstances. Answers posted on Avvo are intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation about your specific legal issues, with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. You should not rely solely upon this website, or other resources which may be linked to an answer in addressing your legal issues. Questions and answers, or other postings to the Avvo site, are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. You should never post identifying information about you legal situation online. The full Avvo Terms of Use are set forth at http://www.avvo.com/support/terms . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota and the U.S. District of Minnesota. Any general information I provide about non-Minnesota laws should be verified with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

You must first demonstrate that the school was somehow negligent. If they were negligent, you must demonstrate that they were causally related damages. As a result, the full review of your case would be required. You should consult with counsel.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter.

Child abuse topics