Skip to main content

My daughter was hurt at school win some one threw a wooden door stop dow the hallway hitting her in the head causing a

Decatur, IL |

cuncushion . she could not go to PE' at school or play ' go swimming or any sports for about 8 months . is thair anything legal that can be bun .

Attorney Answers 6


You need to consult with a local and qualified personal injury attorney ASAP. Municipalities, including school districts, have strict notice and filing requirements. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Yes, something can and should be done. You need to consult an attorney who is experienced in not only handling cases that involved head injuries, but that is experienced in dealing with schools because each present unique challenges. There are several potential paths to recovery; however without knowledge of all the facts it is difficult to give more precise advice. I would be more than happy to discuss this matter with you.

Feel free to give me or another lawyer of choice a call to discuss your case. If you call me, the consultation is free and your case would be handled on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay anything upfront and we front the money for all legal related costs. Regardless of whether you call me or someone else it is important that you contact someone quickly because there are very strict time restraints when dealing with these types of cases and it is also likely that evidence must be preserved in order to ensure the greatest recovery possible.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Concussions are serious injuries, and I have devoted a page to them on my website under the Injuries section. Find a local lawyer experienced in school injuries, and call to discuss the specific facts and circumstances.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


There are generally special rules related to government, government employees and particularly schools. You need to speak with a lawyer who knows the rules.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


It is possible to pursue a claim, but I agree with other answers about getting to a qualified personal injury attorney in Illinois who is familiar with claims against schools. If it is a public school, there may be very specific notice provisions to preserve any cause of action. Since it appears that the injury occurred more than 8 months ago, I would contact an attorney quickly. Good luck and I hope your daughter makes a complete recovery.

This voluntary informative response does not create an attorney-client relationship and does not obligate me or my firm to investigate any issue raised.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you haven't already you should find an experienced attorney and call for a free consultation.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. NY Attorney, Daniel Buttafuoco, has been voted BEST LAWYER five years in a row and has represented clients all over the United States. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Daniel Buttafuoco strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics