Skip to main content

My daughter was hit by a car while crossing the street in the cross walk. What should I do? She was seen by a doctor.

Atlanta, GA |

The driver was was given a ticket for failure to yield.

Attorney Answers 5


Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately. Get a copy of the police report, if one was taken. Start taking a log of the effects of any injuries your daughter sustained on a day to day basis. Keep all bills you receive for medical treatment. If you daughter has visible injuries (bruises, cuts, scrapes, etc.), then take pictures.

Mark as helpful


Mr. Hassan is correct. It is very important to speak with experienced attorney BEFORE speaking to the insurance companies. Do not give any written or recorded statements to the insurance companies as they can do damage to the case. Remember, the insurance adjusters are looking out for their own interests, not yours.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Steven I. Goldman
The Equitable Building - Suite 2020
100 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 577-9555
(404) 577-9556 (fax)

Mark as helpful


Assuming she has injuries, you need to do a couple things. First of all do not talk to the insurer before you see a lawyer. Secondly, see a lawyer right away to review your possible claim. Call me if I can help you further.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


I am not licensed in Georgia, and can offer you general advice. First, I hope your daughter is doing well. Even if your daughter was crossing against the light, You need to make sure that you get a copy of the accident report and the at fault driver's contact information. If your daughter's injuries are serious you should contact an attorney right away. Either you or your attorney will need to obtain the drivers insurance coverage information and make a claim against the driver.

Good luck and do not delay in getting your daughter additional medical attention.

Betsey Herd
Tampa, Florida

Mark as helpful


The answer completely depends on the severity of her injury. If she has low grade injuries and after seeing the physician does not need further care, then I would not hire an attorney. Simply have her follow up with her doctor in a reasonable period of time and then negotiate a modest settlement on your own. If the injury is more serious, you will probably need counsel so be sure to personally interview three lawyers so she feels comfortable with the person she chooses. In closing I would agree with the others to decline the request for a recorded statement. It can only be used against her.

Good luck.

Christopher Simon

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics