My daughter was born with vacteral syndrome

Asked about 2 years ago - Kingwood, TX

On 11/14/2002 I had an ovarian cyst removed. I asked why so much boold work and nurese stated well we need to make sure youarent pregnant. I went under surgery at 8am my husband was advised to return at 3 pm and that I would be in recovery about 3pm. However when I was in recovery It was 12 mid night I dont know wht happened from 3pm - 12 mid 9 hrs had passed. I was on morphine and I stayed addmitted for 4 days instead of 1 due to fever. On 12/12/2005 I found out that I was 8weeks pregnant and that lead to being 4 weeks while I underwent surgery. Now my daughter was born with multiple medical complications and she suffers today . Could I suit for her benefit

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A local med mal lawyer can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Evan Matthew Oshan

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may have an action for wrongful birth, check with a medical malpractice attorney in your state. Use the avvo attorney search bar for referrals.

    (206) 335-3880. We retain experts and begin contingency fees at 29%. However, communication through Avvo does... more
  3. Kevin Coluccio

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should talk with a local medical malpractice attorney.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,280 answers this week

3,410 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,280 answers this week

3,410 attorneys answering