Skip to main content

My daughter turned 18,left on her b-day and never came back.She broke into our house stole the xbox360

Torrington, CT |
Filed under: Criminal defense

we dropped the breakin and entering,but kept the larceny and criminal priors..what will happen and should we go to court with her.she is avoiding her mother at all cost,she is living with her 16 year old boyfriend and his mother....

Attorney Answers 3


Impossible to say what will happen. Too many variables. The decision of whether you should go to court is strictly yours. If you do not want to go, you can always contact the state's attorneys office and inform them of your position with respect to the prosecution of your daughter.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


There are many possible ways this could end. Regardless, your daughter either needs therapy, treatment, or counseling of some type or she will end up committing an offense for which she cannot avoid.

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


This is a heart-wrenching situation for all of you. Family counseling may help everyone sort out feelings and help you and your wife decide your next steps. Legally, the decisions of what will happen with the prosecution of your daughter lies with the state's attorney. As was wisely suggested above, you can speak with the state's attorney and let him/her know your position.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics