My daughter's mother is trying to get full custody of my 5 year old daughter. I have 50-50 with primary residence

Asked almost 4 years ago - Tucson, AZ

with the mother. We were awarded this in Ca., now live in Tucson because my daughter's mothers residency was at UMC. She is now a doctor, and I am left out in the cold, she is lawyered up, lying, using mental health condition of mine against me. I have no representation, can I get a court appointed lawyer

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ryan Michael Reppucci

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Assuming CA relinquishes jurisdiction and AZ then possesses the ability to modify the order, there is now a presumption for joint custody in arizona absent evidence to the contrary. See A.R.S. 25-103. Examples of items that would rebut a finding of joint custody are domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse/neglect, mental concerns, etc. This is not meant to be an exaustive list, but provide you a bit of insight as to the items I am sure her lawyer will attack in attempt to rebut the joint custody presumption. If there are no findings substantiated, the court should be inclined to award joint custody moving forward.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,475 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,475 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering