Skip to main content

My daughter's father, mother and brother have written threats and slanderous comments on facebook about me, my mother, daughter.

Chester, PA |

What can be done about this? I am in fear for my life and my child's I don't know what to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


IF the threats are of a physical nature and expressly or impliedly indicate imminent harm to any of you, print them out and speak to the police. As to the "slanderous" comments (actually, slander would refer to the spoken word and libel to the written word), consult with an attorney in your locale to send a Cease and Desist letter against anything that actually constitutes defamation.


Report abuse to FB & call police.


For starters you can file a complaint with facebook. You can also print out the comments and if they are truly threatening, you can take them to the police department that has jurisdiction in your area and report the threat. You may have a basis for a lawsuit for their statements, but remember even if you sue them and are successful, which is a long tortuous process, any judgment you are awarded may only be worth the paper it is printed on. If you believe you have been truly slandered", speak to a personal injury lawyer immediately. Good luck.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer