My daughter is being served with a supeona. Does the party serving her have to pay her for her time?

Jonesboro, GA |

My daughter is being served with a Supeona and with all the evidence she really doesn't need to be there to testify. Does the party serving her have to pay her for her time there?

Whether she must be paid depends on her status (party or non-party). How much she must be paid, and when, depends on her location (whether she resides in the same county as the hearing).

As has been stated, you can find the answer to your question by viewing Title 24, Chapter 10, Article 2, Part 1, Section 24 (24-10-24) of the Official Code of Georgia. I've attached a link to the Code below.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Please also see your previous post of the same question.

DISCLAIMER: This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationsip has been, or will be, created until a valid engagement agreement is signed. No duty arises from this posting. Answers posted here are general and made with limited knowledge of the actual facts of your case. Always speak with an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction if you wish legal advice specific to your case.