My daughter is being held on a FOA 900.00 ZT - Fugitive warran

Brooklyn, NY |

What does it mean? How long can they keep her, she has no holds. Will the other state come to get her?

How can I find out what she is being charged with from the other state. Is this a state or federal case?

The hold your daughter has is the fugitive warrant. You can talk to an attorney about getting in touch with the requesting agency to expedite her pickup, agree to a local bail package or if applicable getting documentation to the local court stating they are no longer interested. Good luck.

I have been a criminal defense attorney in New York for over 20 years. Feel free to view my website at or contact me either by phone at 718-208-6094 or via email at This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

no lawyer on this site can tell you whether the other state will come get her. However, when you know the answer to that question, the oher questions would be easier to answer. Typically, once the other state decides they want to extradict, most attorneys recommend their clients consent to extradition to speed things up.

Richard Southard
I am a former prosecutor with over 15 years experience specializing in criminal law cases.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website

You can probably get some information from the court file - it should list what the charge is. You can also speak with her attorney to see what information he or she has. I had a case last year where my client was arrested in Florida on a New Jersey warrant; it took some time for Jersey to find their file but when they did, they decided not to extradite and my client was released.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.