My daughter is being harassed at work by her son's father. Can she get a restraining order?

Saint Augustine, FL |

He showed up last week and caused a scene. On Friday he called and told her manager that he was going to take them to court for not giving him information if she was working or not. I am concerned that my daughter will lose her job over this and she needs this job to provide for her son. I thought that the Labor Laws prohibit employers from giving any info out. What can we do about this? He wants to always know where my daughter is 24/7. If he calls and she does not answer he will call repeatedly and then will start calling me.

1. This behavior sounds like stalking. You and your daughter should consult with experienced family law counsel without delay regarding the availability and procedure for a restraining order, possibly in connection with any existing legal action that has established his paternity. If that has not already been done, that procedure should also be discussed. Finally, it may be necessary to involved law enforcement to respond to the stalking, but a prudent approach would be to work with counsel on that strategy as well. Counsel may well recommend a period of careful record-keeping and documentation and a written notice to the offender.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

2. Contact a Jacksonville family law attorney.

www.familylawjax.com

3. She should think about filing a Stalking injunction.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445