My daughter is a high school senior. She posted a picture with an unopened beer can and was severely punished. Sexual discrimi

Asked about 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

nation of females at this school. Boys go unpunished. I posted a blog of what goes on in this school. Can I be sued for slander?

1. Peter J Weinman

Pro

3

Answered . Maybe. The absolute defense to a claim of slander is "truth." Remember, though, that whether statements are slanderous or not, the cost to defend such an action could be high. Be careful.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Sued by whom? I doubt the school will sue you. If you do get sued, truth is a complete defense. Your blog posts may constitue opinion depending on what you said and opinion is not actionable.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

1

Answered . Not knowing what you blogged renders a precise answer impossible. But if you mention one with specificity sufficient to identify the person, and the matter is incorrect and harmful, then you could be sued for defamation/libel. This is an analysis that should have been done before posting.