Skip to main content

My daughter is a drug addict and has disappeared yet again without enrolling my grandchildren in school

Los Angeles, CA |

Is there a way that I as the grandmother am able to get them enrolled without their mother? One is in elementary one in high school.

Attorney Answers 1


If the children resided with you, then it may be possible for you to enroll them in school. I recommend you reach out to a local family law attorney as well as Child Protective Services to see what options you have.

Good Luck!

All of Ms. Riley's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Riley is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics