My daughter is a drug addict and has disappeared yet again without enrolling my grandchildren in school

Is there a way that I as the grandmother am able to get them enrolled without their mother? One is in elementary one in high school.

1. If the children resided with you, then it may be possible for you to enroll them in school. I recommend you reach out to a local family law attorney as well as Child Protective Services to see what options you have.

Good Luck!

All of Ms. Riley's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Riley is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Child custody topics