My daughter is 18 and has moved out of her mothers house. she comes to me for help but i simply dont have the means.

Asked 8 months ago - Floral Park, NY

communication between my daughter and her Mom are minimal. for ex. she comes to stay with me but not her Mom . Last 2 out of 3 weekends she has stayed with me but lives with her cousin. i cannot pay child support and buy her what she needs as well.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael R Varble, Esq.


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . File a petition seeking to have her declared emancipated if she is not living with your ex. If you are successful and you are relieved of the child support burden, you may have a little more means to take care of your 18 year old daughter. Good luck with it and call a local attorney soon.

    The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,580 answers this week

2,805 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,580 answers this week

2,805 attorneys answering