My daughter is 17 years old and permanently totally disabled. When she turns 18, will she still get child support?

Asked about 1 year ago - Modesto, CA

My daughter is 17 years old and permanently totally disabled. When she turns 18 will she keep getting child support from the child support department or does the child support department terminate the child support. What do I file? Thank you!

1. Nadine Marie Jett

Best Answer

Answered . If your child is disabled, the child is entitled to ongoing child support, however, this will not happen unless you go to Court.
    You should file a Request for Order, and request for child support for a disabled adult child. You use the same case number, and go to the same court. You do not have to open a new case. Best to do this now, while you have plenty of time before the child turns 18.

2. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

Answered . I agree with counsel. You'll need to request if from the court for a disabled adult child.