My daughter is 15yrs old and was in a car accident.she had back and neck problems and got burnt on her arm.and the insurance

Ashburn, GA |

company is only offering her 3000 dollars minus medical bills and attorney fees.why does she have to pay her own meds bills i want take the offer.bcause i don"t think that it is enough for her injuries

1. A good lawyer should negotiate the medical bills down to 10 cents on the dollar or less. Best bet is to not sign release until lawyer has earned his fee and reduced this bills or medical lien. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. She does have to pay her own medicals, but ask your lawyer to try and negotiate those down.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

3. It does not sound like enough to me either. Consult with a local personal injury attorney.

4. Something does not seem right here. A young woman with back and neck problems and a burnt on her arms and the insurance company is only offering $3k and she has to pay her meds. Do not sign the release until you get a second opinion from a PI lawyer. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de accidentes y lesiones is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

5. I agree with the others that $3,000.00 sounds awfully low for the injuries you describe. If indeed that is the insurance company's final offer I see no reason not to file suit - you daughter will end up with little from this settlement so she is not at risk of losing much of anything if you put it before a jury. Additionally, your lawyer can negotiate the medical bills for you; however, Georgia has a hospital/physician lien statute. If the hospital or medical care provider properly perfected the lien, they have no obligation to negotiate. Your lawyer can probably get it down some, but not a ton. All in all, don't be afraid of filing suit in a case like this - not too much to lose by doing so but plenty to gain.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

6. I agree this seems like a very low offer based on your description. If you have not already, I suggest seeking a local attorney who can help you negotiate with the insurance carrier as well as negotiate down her medical bills. In my practice, this is something we do routinely to try to get more money in the client's pocket and help them avoid any future collection fees.