My daughter in law left my son and moved back home with her mother, and I have one grandchild and the other child is not my son

Asked about 1 year ago - Riverview, FL

she refuse to let talk to kids and she told my son I will never talk to them again. So I will like to know do I have right to talk the kids and visitation right

1. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

6

Answered . Grandparents do not have any rights in the state of Florida. Your son, however, does has rights and during his timesharing, he is free to allow you to visit with your grandchild. Best of luck to you.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

Answered . What needs to happen is to hire an attorney for your son. Your time with the grandchildren will center around their time with your son. Have him read the provisions of Florida Statutes Section 61.13(3) to learn what should and should not be done.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  3. William Charles Rosenfelt

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with counsel. Grandparents do not have any rights anymore in Florida, Hopefully, things will improve so that you can see your grandchild. Good luck

4. John Arthur Smitten

3

Answered . Grandparents have no rights, the son has to file papers with the court to enforce his rights.