My daughter got taken by dcfs because i was at my boyfriends house where the police department a raid,

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntington Beach, CA

i didnt live there i was simply visiting and didnt have a clue of what was goin on. i was not taken to jail and my child wasnt taken there not until the next day at about 10 o'clock the next nite. i dont have any criminal history im confused ?help???anybody?

1. Diamond B Tran

3

Answered . Whether or not you have a criminal history is irrelevant. If you are exposing your daughter to dangerous situations, DCFS can remove your child. You will be appointed an attorney to represent you at your first Juvenile Court hearing. You don't want to miss this hearing if you want to try to get your daughter back immediately. You also have the right to hire your own attorney. There is good information about the Juvenile Dependency process at the CA Courts website.

2. Atousa Saei

Pro

1

Answered . You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to help you sort out this mess. Were you with your daughter when she was removed from your custody by DCFS? What did they say when they took her? When you meet with an attorney, you should bring all papers that were given to you. If you would like to discuss your case and receive legal advice, feel free to contact me at my office: (310) 855-3386. Best of luck.