My daughter didn't fill out an I 94 form for her daughter when entering the USA. My daughter is a USA citizen and is filing both

Asked almost 2 years ago - Powder Springs, GA

a I -130 and a I-485 for her daughter but needs information from the I 94 form. How does she proceed ?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . She actually may very much be a USC already. Consultation with an immigration attorney might help to clarify this issue.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . By retaining an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, as the daughter may already be a US citizen. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Agree

  4. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . How did the granddaughter enter without an I94? Are you sure the granddaughter is not already a US citizen?

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Leon Versfeld

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

The rule of thumb in US immigration status is:"You can not change status if you are not in status." This means that if your non-immigrant status has expired (i.e. B1-visitor), you can... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,557 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,557 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering